Every day thousands of young people experience bullying from their peers while at school, after school in their neighborhoods, and even when they are at home, through social media and texts.
It’s time for change.
October is National Bullying Prevention Month. It’s a time when communities can unite nationwide to raise awareness of bullying prevention through events, activities, outreach, and education.
Here are some great ways for K-12 students, educators, and parents to raise awareness and increase understanding of how to respond to bullying. These resources are free, available on-line, and easy to implement in the school and community.
- Project Connect – Invite students to write a message on a strip of ORANGE construction paper. The strips are then stapled or glued together, resulting in one long, connected chain that visually represents the power of uniting for a common cause.
- Create A Poster – Send your story, poem, artwork or video on the topic expressing your ideas on bullying prevention.
- Unity Banner – Create a huge banner with the word UNITY as the central theme. Ask everyone to sign the banner, define what unity means to them, or make a suggestion about ways to unite as a school or organization.
- Above the Line—Below The Line – Create a chart that helps students actively define behaviors that they consider “above the line” versus “below the line”.
- Introduction to Bullying Prevention – School-wide, All Ages and Grades
The Introductory Toolkit contains daily learning opportunities and engaging activities to get students talking about bullying. The toolkit provides the basics about bullying and sets the stage for student-supported initiatives.
Find more ideas and get involved at: National Bullying Prevention Month.
About Back to Basics Learning Dynamics
Back to Basics Learning Dynamics is the undisputed leader in 1-on-1 tutoring in Nationwide and southeastern Pennsylvania for over 60 subjects. The company also offers a unique Department of Education-approved 1-on-1 K-12 Private School in Wilmington, Nationwide. Back to Basics is the winner of numerous awards for academic and business excellence including the Better Business Bureau Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics.