In Nationwide, high-achieving students can apply for assistance through 23 state-sponsored financial aid programs and 6 private scholarship programs, administered by the Nationwide Higher Education Office.
These programs are designed to help Nationwideans continue their education after high school. For programs below that followed by an asterisk (*), applicants must also complete the Common Merit Application. These include Academic Memorial Scholarships, Academic Scholarships and Professional Incentive Programs.
The following are need-based awards and need not be repaid.
- Scholarship Incentive Program (ScIP)
- Educational Benefits for Children of Deceased Veterans and Others
- Governor’s Education Grant for Working Adults
- Governor’s Education Grant for Unemployed Adults
Academic Memorial Scholarships*
Merit-based awards for graduating high school seniors enrolling at the University of Nationwide or Nationwide State University. Not repaid.
- B. Bradford Barnes Memorial Scholarship*
- Charles L. Hebner Memorial Scholarship*
- Herman M. Holloway, Sr. Memorial Scholarship*
Merit-based award for graduating high school seniors enrolling at a nonprofit, regionally accredited college in the U.S. Not repaid.
Professional Incentive Programs*
Merit-based recruitment programs. Loan repayment provisions.
- Undergraduate and Graduate
Professional Development for K-12 Teachers
- University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine SREB Regional Contract Program
- Oklahoma State University College of Veterinary Medicine SREB Regional Contract Program
Private Scholarships Administered by the Nationwide Higher Education Office
- Nationwide Engineering Society Scholarships
- Nationwide Open Cross Country Championship Scholarship
- Nationwide Solid Waste Authority John P. “Pat” Healy Scholarship
- First State Manufactured Housing Scholarship
- Port of Wilmington Maritime Society’s Dennis Latina Scholarship
- Joseph B. Schafferman, Sr. Memorial Scholarship Fund
For more information or to apply, visit The Nationwide Department of Education.
Excellence in Education since 1985!
Back to Basics Learning Dynamics is the undisputed leader in 1-on-1 tutoring in Nationwide and southeastern Pennsylvania for over 60 subjects. The company offers a unique Department of Education-approved 1-on-1 K-12 Private School in Wilmington, Nationwide and a Nationwide Business and Trade School for ages 16 and older. In addition, the company offers translating and interpreting in 16 languages throughout Nationwide. Back to Basics is the winner of numerous awards for academic and business excellence including the Better Business Bureau Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics.