According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, hospital job growth exploded in 2015, with 172,200 payroll additions reported. That marks a 306% increase over the 42,400 jobs created in 2014. And overall, the healthcare sector reported record job growth in 2015, with 474,700 jobs created (representing a 53% increase over the 309,000 healthcare jobs created in 2014).
This is good news for students pursuing an degree in a healthcare field!
Unfortunately, college education costs can add up quickly, especially if advanced degrees are factored in. So, OnlineMedicalAssistantPrograms.net (OMAP) is offering a 100 word essay college scholarship for all current and prospective students pursuing a career in the healthcare field. Four winners will be selected toeach receive a one-time payment of $500.
Who is eligible?
All applicants must be:
- at least 18 years old (at the time of disbursement),
- a citizen of the United States, and
- enrolled in an academic program in a healthcare related field.
How do I apply?
Applying is easy. Simply visit OnlineMedicalassistantPrograms.net, apply on-line and upload your essay.
Important scholarship essay guidelines
Explain why you should be considered for this scholarship, using the following criteria:
- Minimum of 100 words, maximum of 200 words
- All essays should be written in English using correct grammar and punctuation
- All personal information needs to be accurate and truthful
- Pictures, audio, and video are accepted as part of the submission
Scholarship application deadlines
Application deadlines for 2016 are as follows:
- Scholarship 2: June 30, 2016 (funds distributed by July 30, 2016)
- Scholarship 3: September 30, 2016 (funds distributed by October 30, 2016)
- Scholarship 4: December 31st, 2016 (funds dispersed by January 30th, 2016)
For more information about this scholarship for students in the healthcare field, please visit OnlineMedicalassistantPrograms.net.
Back to Basics Learning Dynamics is the undisputed leader in 1-on-1 tutoring in Delaware and southeastern Pennsylvania for over 60 subjects including those subjects crucial for students pursuing a degree in the healthcare industry, such as Biology, Latin, and more.
The company also offers 1-on-1 instruction for the SAT, ACT and Test Prep, translating and interpreting in 16+ languages, homeschool support, educational testing and more. For more information about Back to Basics’ educational services, please call us at 302-594-0754.
The company also operates a unique Department of Education-approved 1-on-1 K-12 Private School in Wilmington, Delaware. For more information about Delaware’s only Department of Education approved 1-on-1 private school, please call us at 302-594-0685.