Your child pays attention in class, does his homework and puts forth a good effort regarding his schoolwork. So why isn’t he learning?
There can be several reasons why students struggle in the traditional classroom setting. Here are just a few:
- It could be that his learning style differs from the instructor’s teaching style. A learning style is the approach or way that a person learns.
- Pupils sit at individual desks, often in rows and listen to a teacher lecture. There is very little interaction this way.
- When students are asked questions by the teacher, the same kids tend to raise their hands, leaving others excluded.
- It is very rare that students ask questions on their own.
- When non-lecture work time is allotted, interaction between students is often not related to the current work.
- Some students will finish lessons early and engage in non-school activities while others will struggle to even finish the assignment given.
If your child doesn’t seem to be performing to the best of his ability, it may be time to look at different educational options.
The benefits of 1-on-1 instruction are well-documented
In a 1-on-1 setting, students have the constant attention of the teacher so that they can listen and speak with much more comfort than in a group situation. Each child’s strengths and non-strengths are addressed more consistently and fully without the distraction of other students or the teacher’s compensation for different levels in one classroom. Each student can learn at his or her own pace and have the benefit of the teachers adapting to each individual learning style.
Back to Basics K-12 1-on-1 Private School may offer an excellent solution if your child:
- has struggled for the past couple of years, regardless of school setting
- has been diagnosed with:
- Depression or anxiety
- Asperger’s Syndrome
- High Functioning Autism
- A learning disability
- needs a boost in self-esteem from his schooling
- is attending a private school that says this is just not the right environment, or has asked your child to leave
- seeks a broader range of electives or Honors courses not offered at the current school they are attending
- has a specific learning style that isn’t being met in a traditional classroom setting
- is being home schooled and you cannot teach all needed subjects
- may benefit from an innovative approach to learning at Delaware alternative schools
- thrives with 1-on-1 instruction
Back to Basics Private School offers a unique school environment for students in grades K-12 and a focus unlike any other school in the state. With a cap of 15 students, Back to Basics K-12 Private School provides students with customized, 1-on-1 instruction and self-esteem building by experienced, degreed instructors.
Back to Basics K-12 Private School creates a personalized team to tailor an integrated curriculum to the specific needs and abilities of your child. The teaching staff is dedicated to the growth and development of your child academically, socially, mentally and emotionally.