Back to Basics Private School is a Delaware Department of Education-approved Private School for grades K-12 designed with your child in mind. Our mission is to help your child through the transitions of life with our unique private elementary, middle, and high school programs.
The experienced and degreed instructors at Back to Basics work as a team to customize and tailor an integrated curriculum to the needs and abilities of your child. The teaching staff is dedicated to the growth and development of your child academically, socially, mentally and emotionally. Our goals are improved academic skills, increased self-esteem, and guidance for each student’s current and future success.
One-on-one learning distinguishes the Back to Basics Private School and may be the academic solution for your child. In a one-on-one setting, students have the constant attention of the teacher so that they can listen and speak with much more comfort than in a group situation. Each child’s strengths and non-strengths are addressed more consistently and fully without the distraction of other students or the teacher’s compensation for different levels in one classroom. Each student can go at his/her own pace and have the benefit of the teachers adapting to each individual learning style.
Is Back to Basics K-12 Private School right for your child? Below are some tips on how to choose the right school for your child and his unique needs. With the proper match, every student can succeed!
1. Consider your Child and Family
• Child’s Needs-Does your child need special attention due to learning difficulties or other concerns?
• Learning Style-How does your child learn best? Is he an auditory, tactile or visual learner?
• Location-Where is the school located regarding home, siblings’ schools and extracurricular activity locations?
• Class Size
2. Gather Information
• Curriculum-Is there a special focus or theme to the curriculum? Are Honors and AP courses offered?
• Approach to Learning-What approach does the administration take in teaching students? Is it hands- on, text-based or other?
• Academic Performance-How do test scores compare to those of other schools? Has there been a rise or decline in these scores over the past few years? What is the school’s “report card?”
• Behavior Policy-How does the school handle discipline?
• Is there a dress code?
3. Visit and Observe Schools
• Principal-What is the principal’s philosophy as head of the institution?
• Teachers-How do the teachers relate to and interact with the students?
• Parent/Community Involvement-Is there a supportive group of parents and community volunteers that are willing to help the school with events and activities?
• Reputation-How is the school regarded by the community? How is it viewed by other parents?
4. Apply to Schools
• Select-Choose one or more schools based on the information you’ve collected.
• Deadlines-Submit proper paperwork on time and make sure it’s complete.
5. Follow Up
• Be sure to follow up, giving a reasonable amount of time for information to be received.
• Check on status of application and ask for an estimate of when you can expect to hear about acceptance.
Back to Basics Learning Dynamics is the undisputed leader in one-on-one tutoring in Delaware. In addition, the company offers a unique Department of Education-approved K-12 Private School in Wilmington, Delaware and a Delaware Business and Trade Schoolfor ages 16 and older. Back to Basics is the winner of numerous awards for academic and business excellence including the Better Business Bureau Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics.